Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's alive!

And I've named him Marvin. It's 8k brain is a bit smaller than a planet, though..


After a couple of hours of soldering (and checking resistors - there are a few mistakes in the manual, so you won't get far without a multimeter) it's finished :).
On powering on only one problem surfaced: I had inverted the wires for one of the motors.. but that was easily fixed.

I made a few modifications to the original manual, though: I've used double-sided tape to fix the motors, and some of those twistable cable ties (unlike the provided tie-wraps, these are easy to re-use: a nice advantage when you want to change batteries).

I did send my first Hello World-program trough the IR-transciever, so that works as well.

Tomorrow: real programming :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home